Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Victory, Green Bees and European Haircuts

   After blowing a late lead in our midweek game we lost our second game in a row for the first time all season. Needless to say this led to some frustration...


...but after getting a few more practices under our belt, we were able to right the ship and take an easy victory on Sunday night. We finally started to shoot the ball well-hopefully a sign that our Christmas rust is rubbing off. 



       A less likely, but still plausible root for a regained shooting accuracy could have been the inspiration of our new mascot.

    It is unclear how this gumby-bumblebee hybrid resembles anything close to a lion, but nonetheless, we are undefeated in his presence so no one is complaining.

    During warm-ups before our last game, one of my teammates brought me over to half court and started pointing towards the opposing team. I thought he was going to talk about a particular part of the scouting report or defensive assignments, but instead he bluntly informed me that I barely lost the competition for worst haircut in the gym to this guy:


    Oh the Germans and their sense of humor!  With this, I decided that my new euro look needed to at least be shaped up a little and I built up the courage to brave the German hair salon. I brought in a picture of Tom Brady and hoped for the best. Unfortunately, as I suppose is usually the case with this particular strategy, it didn't work. Once the barber started to cut my flowing locks there was little I could say (literally) or do to stop him. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

At the hospital I stitched up my first patient! It was just 6 stitches on the wrist but it was still pretty cool. For having learned how to stitch on youtube they were pretty straight and clean...

No comments:

Post a Comment